Award-winning precision machined products manufacturer with humble beginnings
Since 1952, Micron Manufacturing Company has grown from its humble beginnings as a screw machine shop to an award-winning leader of precision machined components. Micron can provide simple to highly technical parts, made from a variety of materials such as aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, plastics, stainless steel, and steel.
Today, Micron serves a variety of industries with a wide range of CNC machining capabilities that include:
- Light assembly
- Design for manufacturing
- Prototyping for production
- Inventory management
Micron has established partnerships to provide additional services, including:
- Heat treating
Micron builds their customer relationships from the beginning with the quoting process. It starts with a feasibility process with engineers that specialize in design for manufacture, and continues through implementation of your part to production. Design and engineering support, along with the best machinery available, results in quality parts, on time, on budget, for all sizes and complexities.
Founded in 1952 by Ed Preston, Micron Manufacturing began as a screw machine shop. Today, led by Ed’s son Mike Preston, Micron is one of the industry’s most reliable CNC machining companies for precision components, assemblies and subassemblies.
Micron has effectively combined Lean principles, Continuous Improvement, and Design for Manufacture. We call our unique and productive approach systemicron™.
systemicron is the means by which we are able to machine and deliver components with enduring reliability.
Our customers know that they can rely on us to deliver parts and service with absolute confidence.
Associations & affiliations
Micron is active in the precision machining industry and community, through trade organization leadership and participation in the following organizations:
Micron Manufacturing is a family-owned, ISO-9001 Registered, CNC machine shop known for excellence it’s responsiveness to its customers and its lean production. Our 70 years of operation have brought us from the horse-and-buggy days of screw machines to the modern, systems-oriented world of American manufacturing in the present day. As a small business with less than 50 employees, Micron prides itself on maintaining a great company culture, a friendly work environment, and flexible schedules for our employees. Our shop floor is clean, safe and climate controlled. At Micron we value “living and promoting the American dream,” and we are hoping to find people of a similar mindset to join us.
Micron has a Department of Labor (DOL) registered apprenticeship program to develop CNC machinists and programmers.
We offer competitive pay and benefits including Paid Time Off Health Insurance, 401K, and Flexible Spending Account.
Raw Material Receiving & Handling
This position is responsible for the raw materials used in production. From unloading trucks to receiving it into the databases and all the handling needed to make sure the material is at the machines for the operators.
- High school education
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions
- Ability to use visual systems (tags, color-coded cones, arrows, pictures)
- Math skills: Add, subtract, multiply, divide, interpret units of measure
- Basic computer skills: Check email, print documents, operate a web browser and applications
- Communication abilities: Work semi-independently within a small team, occasionally interact with other departments such as quality team and machinists
- Time management: Ability to prioritize tasks Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to drive Hi-Lo
- Standing and walking most of shift
- Frequently lift boxes and baskets that weigh up to 40 lbs.
- Climate-controlled facility.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud (85dB – 100dB) for short periods. Hearing protection is required while working in some areas.
- Non-slip footwear (for use in an oily environment) is strongly recommended, as it is regularly slippery.
- This is a full-time position
- Four 10-hour shifts per week, Monday through Thursday
- 5 am – 3:30 pm is the default shift. There is some flexibility to modify these hours which can be discussed with a manager or during the hiring process
- Shift includes two paid 15-minute breaks and one half-hour lunch break
- Opportunity to work overtime available based on need
Please send resumes to HR@micronmfg.net: